Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Multi-stamp Backgrounds

Happy Wednesday! I hope your week is going well.  Do you own stamps that have not seen ink before?  Lots of them?  Frankly I do, and my mission this month is to ink up as many as I can.

Today's projects use the various Papertrey Ink stamps in my stash.  I'm a big fan of Papertrey Ink but for some reason I've not used them as much as I ought to.  To help me along, I've decided to play along with this  week's Make It Monday which is all about Multi-stamp backgrounds.


On this card, I used stamps from the Mehndi Medallion & Delightful Doilies sets, and stamped them using various Memento inks.  The sentiment stamps are from Tag-Its #1 set.

My second card is using the floral stamps from Daydreamer Set. 
 Here are some close-up photos, and hopefully you can see the scoring on the left and bottom corners of the card.  I made one score and then flip the card and scored from the bottom of the card and then again from the right side up, for some interest and variation (so there's 2 debossed score lines and 1 embossed score line)


That's it today.  Be back tomorrow for an Inspired Stamps sneak peek!!  

(Don't forget to comment this week to win a prize - check out my Giveaway post found here.)

Have a great day!


Stamps : Papertrey Ink Mehndi Medallion, Delightful Doilies, Tag-Its #1, Daydreamer
Paper : PTI Autumn Rose cardstock, Green & Lilac cardstock
Inks : Memento Rhubarb Stalk, Cantaloupe, New Sprout, Lulu Lavender, Angel Pink, Versafine Toffee & Onyx Black
Other : White gel pen, The Twinery Baker's twines

23 comments:

Shobana said...

Oh these are just lovely! The dreams card has such soft colors and the scored lines are a fab idea! Great stuff! :)

Emily Keaton said...

Kary, these cards turned out beautifully! I love stamping my own backgrounds, and I think yours are just gorgeous. Great way to make your score lines, too!!

Suzanne Russell said...

Kary, these are two beautiful examples of background stamping. My personal favorite is the purple one but I really like both of them very much.

sharon g said...

I really like the doily stamped card. It's frilly, and not usually my type, but I LOVE IT!!

Helen F. said...

Kary, your cards are absolutely stunning! I love the stamps you used for the background and color choices of both.

Wendy ten Hove said...

Yep, there it is; your new Mehndi medallion!! I love the way you created that background, the colors are so perfect!!! And also the Daydreamer, gorgeous pastel colors! Totally different, but also very pretty!!! You did great here, Kary!!
Hugs, Wendy

Lynn Mercurio said...

Wow, Kary - these two cards are fantastic. Love your lavender card...those colors just call to me. Such an outstanding design too!

kiwimeskreations said...

WOW Kary these are amazing - you have such and 'eye' for colour and design
Beautiful cards my friend. Love the idea of debossing and embossing the lines too.
Blessings
Maxine

Karenladd said...

Gorgeous cards, and I especially love the first one with it's fancy schmancy medallions and rich colors! Thanks for the reminder to pull out our unused stamps and start playing with them!

Lindsey said...

Both these stamped backgrounds are just beautiful, Kary! The first card is rich and regal-looking, the second so fresh and pretty.

carol (krillsister) said...

Both cards are beautiful. So different too! Love the deep colors on the first one. The second is very feminine. gret job with the backgrounds.

Christine Ang said...

The different soft colours blend in beautifully. The DREAM scalloped border is pretty and the sentiment is very inspiring.

farmhouse-story said...

such pretty cards, kary! the first card could pass for xmas snowflakes, i think:)

Pauline said...

Two stunning cards, love the bright colours on your medallion card, and the softer lilacs on your second, both beautiful.

Chere M. said...

Kary, I love the color scheme of the Mehendi medallian card. Wow!
The second card is beautiful and I love how you included the stamped backgound behind the sentiment. You have been busy this week.

Donelda said...

a great job on that home-made background paper - perfect for MIM

Suzie said...

Your cards are beautiful! I especially love the second one, with its coordinating circle accent. Thanks for the inspiration!

lisa arana said...

I have a serious 'thing' for doilies and I think I am in love with your first card! Oh my. And your second one is just too darn sweet.

Houses Built of Cards said...

Gorgeous! Those backgrounds are FABULOUS!!!

housesbuiltofcards@gmail.com
www.housesbuiltofcards.blogspot.com

richardbreaks said...

These are great. I love those doily stamps, lately...

Marilyn Nimmo said...

WOW - these are amazing!

veronica said...

both cards are very pretty. love your colors.

Renee V said...

Yep, that's me! I have to have a stamp, buy it, then sometimes it sits in a box and never sees an ink pad... so sad :( This is a good idea, I really need to try it! Gorgeous cards, really love the one with PTI stamps!!!!!