Friday, January 31, 2014

A New Year

Hello Friends!  Today marks the first day of the lunar calendar, and here's wishing all my Chinese friends A Happy New Year!!  I had a great time with my friends last night and the celebration continues for the next 15 days... not exactly, but there'll be lots of lunches and dinners with friends.  That's how the Asians celebrate - there's always lots of food.

Last night I was thinking I should make a card with an attitude for today's Unity FWF.  I just love how fun this image is ( Jo {Fashionista}) - she is such a spunky girl.  I picked the lovely quote by Helen Keller (Itty Bitty Poppy Bundle) to go with it.  Love the sentiment and the message behind it.  I guess we shouldn't let the world dictate who we are, but to find ourselves and let our experiences in life change us for the better.

I wish you can see all the shimmer around the edges of the stamped image, from the distressing with Delicata gold ink pad.  The image was coloured with Copic Markers.

Here's a closer view of the sentiment:


I hope you'll have a great weekend, and I can't wait to see what you create.

Thanks for visiting me.
Kary

20 comments:

Karin Åkesdotter said...

Awesome!

Julie Odil said...

Kary, you have nailed another one! She is spunky alright! I love how you combined the quote with the image.

Enjoy the New Year's celebrations -- you certainly deserve it, my crafty friend!

Kris said...

Awesome card Kary. Great sentiment choice too. Happy New Year to you.

Gwen said...

Happy NewYear! I always learn from your creations! Love the shading, the background bricks are wonderful. I've been hearing lots of rave reviews about the Delicata gold ink.

Rachel B said...

Your coloring is amazing! Stunning!

Dr. Ivy said...

Kary, What a spunky card. I love the quote you chose and of course the coloring and all the little details you always seem to pack into a card. Have a Happy New Year and enjoy all the friends and food it has to offer.

Ruby said...

Kary This is indeed a spunky card. Love the colouring that you have done. Lovely card again my friend. Thanks for showing us how to colour. Have fun celebrating with your friends.

joetterer said...

intense color job! wow

Crystal said...

Fun card! Happy CNY to you!

Gaylynn said...

OMG... This is stunning. Such a fun design and lovely coloring. I think I "need" those stamps, lol. Have a great weekend Kary. :)

Angeline Choo said...

Wishing you Gong Hei Fatt Choy and a prosperous new year! Love your card!! Brings out the stamp with your perfect coloring.

An'Jenic G. said...

WOW this is cute!!! And your coloring is amazing.

Donna K said...

Fantastic sentiment for this sassy fashionista! Love your coloring Kary, you always do such a wonderful job!!

Rachel said...

this card is so fun and Jo has so much edge, i love it! happy new year!
-Rachel w k
rwkrafts.com

Beejay said...

Amazing card with so much spunk ! Love it! Happy Chinese New Year! The Year of the horse has not been lucky for my sister!

kiwimeskreations said...

Wonderfully coloured image, and I love the quote you have paired her with.
And yes I have had a great weekend thanks Kary.
Blessings
Maxine

Scrapper Myra said...

Great coloring. Awesome. You go girl.

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

This card has real sass, Kary!

Paula-Scrap Addict said...

love the grungy feel of this card!

Miwa said...

Holy smokes, just look at that amazing coloring! You really brought her to life! Happy New Year!